Difference between wordpress, joomla, and drupal

Discussion in 'Content Managament Systems' started by Rubie, Sep 21, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rubie

Rubie New Member

In managing a website, coding and some technical aspects are taken into consideration. A Content Management Systems is expert with regards to technical processes. So in order for a website owner not to worry it is advised to have a CMS. There are 3 leading CMS, the Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla. All 3 are considered the best depending on how a specific website develepoer required them to have. Those 3 CMS are all open source, which means it is free. So, how can we really differenciate 3 best CMS? Which of the 3 excel to your preferences? Let me give a short definition of each.

Wordpress is best advice for beginners and works on small to medium sized website or blog.

Joomla requires a little knowledge technically. It best works on E-commerce type of sites.

​Drupal might be the difficult but it is the most powerful CMS because it is suited to almost all type of website.

Any additional information, please share your thoughts.

reddyash likes this.
  2. vinaya

vinaya Guest

Thanks for the clarification on different CMS. I have experience with Wordpress but have never tried Drupal or Joomla. I have used wordpress on my blog as well as on many user generated content sites. Wordpress is the most used content management system and it is good for a professional as well as beginner. Wordpress is good for a personal website or blog.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

WordPress does seem to be the favourite when it comes to blogs, and while the OP said it's good for a beginner, I've also found that a lot of more experienced bloggers use it aswell.

To be honest if you start off using WordPress and it does the job for you (and it will) then why go to the trouble of changing it later on?

4. techseeker

techseeker New Member

Of all the three, there is no doubt that Wordpress is the most widely used content management system in the world. It is highly flexible and suitable from beginners to those who want to make complex sites. But if you are looking for something exclusively for highly complex content management, then Dupal is a better choice but not advisable for beginners or those who have very little technical knowledge. Joomla stands in the midway between Drupal and Wordpress. It offers opportunity to develop complex CMS and at the same time friendly for those who have a little bit knowledge of CMS.

5. vinaya

vinaya Guest

All of these content management systems are open source, which means you don't have to pay for using any of these programs. When you are launching a website, you have an option to use any of these CMS. Which CMS to choose depends on your knowledge and skills, type of websites, and motive of your business. Wordpress is easy to use, and it does require a great skill to install this CMS on your website.

6. Rubie

Rubie New Member

Wordpress is indeed the most popular CMS because it is the offered for beginners, and since almost all people starting to build a site are beginners then, it must be it. Compared to Joomla and Drupal, technicality is not emphasized in using Wordpress, so the ease of using it is broadly practiced.

7. deepa

deepa New Member

I am familiar with wordpress only. I hope I can learn enough technical details here so as to start a proper website by myself. Only we can do justice to our own work, right?

8. kibria97

kibria97 New Member

you have an option to use any of these CMS. Which CMS to choose depends on your knowledge and skills, type of websites, and motive of your business. Wordpress is easy to use, and it does require a great skill to install this CMS on your website.

9. IrinaKasper

IrinaKasper New Member

thank you for a useful post!