Do you have a vps?

Discussion in 'VPS Hosting' started by MeowsePad, May 7, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MeowsePad

MeowsePad New Member

Do you have a VPS? What do you host on it?

I have thought about getting a VPS before for game servers and other types of things, but I never was able to justify the extra cost. Some places have very reasonably priced VPS offers, though, so I may consider it in the future.

2. tony

tony Member

I am on a shared hosting currently. Actually, going for a VPS afterwards is what I'm gradually thinking about having seen the advantages over shared hosting on this forum. But another thing of great concern is the extra cost owning one.

3. Goodman

Goodman New Member

Do you have a VPS? .[/QUOTE]

Yеs, I hаvе VPS hоsting
    VPS hоsting is а grеаtе wаy tо hаvе thе sеrviсеs оf а dеdiсаtеd sеrvеr but withоut thе соst ассосiаtеd with it. Gеnеrаlly, hоsting yоur sitе оn а virtuаl privаtе sеrvеr саn givе mаny аdvаntаgеs аs fоllоws: a VPS hоsting ассоunt is lеss еxpеnsivе thаn а full dеdiсаtеd hоsting plаn thаt usеs а physiсаl sеrvеr.
    Mаny VPS plаns саn bе сustоmizеd tо mееt yоur nееds sо yоu pаy fоr whаt yоu wаnt but yоu dо nоt nееd tо dеаl with аny fеаturеs yоu will nеvеr nееd.
    Mаny VPS hоsting plаns аrе еаsily sсаlаblе. Yоu саn stаrt оff in yоur virtuаl еnvirоnmеnt with thе minimum аmоunt оf rеsоurсеs yоu nееd аnd thеn аs yоu grоw grаduаlly inсrеаsе yоur hоsting plаn tо ассоmmоdаtе yоur nееds. Yоu dо nоt hаvе tо pаy fоr еxсеssivе rеsоurсеs yоu hаvе nоt yеt grоwn intо.
    Yоu hаvе а lоt mоrе соntrоl оvеr yоur virtuаl sеrvеr thаn yоu dо with shаrеd hоsting. Yоu will likеly hаvе rооt ассеss аnd thе аbility tо usе sсripts thаt mаy nоt bе аllоwеd in thе shаrеd hоsting еnvirоnmеnt.

kgord likes this.
  4. kgord

kgord New Member

I don't think I am eligble for a VPS in this area. I once looked into getting a VPN though. I know someone who has that and has been able to save quite a bit of money on his internet service. They don't seem to be available in this area though, so that is something of a problem for me. I would be interested in doing something like this if it were available here.

5. gamer2x

gamer2x New Member

I have one with 4gb ram and 1tb of bandwidth. Located in France.

I got it only for $20/month which in my opinion is a steal.

Sure enough, you need to justify the cost while getting one, but I had a purpose for it, that is to find the expired domains continously for my own network.
    So, it was well worth the expense on a monthly basis.

6. JoshSmith100

JoshSmith100 New Member

Right now I do not have a VPS but I used to have on on Knownhost. I would highly suggest using them. I found a cheaper option from a friend so im using his service temporarily.

7. johnbelley

johnbelley New Member

well i have no VPs but i will buy one in future

8. dbzsuper

dbzsuper New Member

no i dont have i use my friends vps to host my website

9. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher New Member

Yes I have a VPS, because I have a blog/forum. Which runs Wordpress and Xenforo and a wordpress Xenforo bridge. And it's resource heavy and I was getting cpu limits from my old host all the time. So I figured it was time to move to a VPS before I started getting errors and not after. I currently have a 1 cpu 2GB of ram and 30GB of disk space from Linode and its at least twice as fast as my old shared hosting company!