Getting started in forex

Discussion in 'Currency Trading' started by joshposh, Jul 19, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joshposh

joshposh New Member

I get this question form friends all the time. "Where do I go to learn how to trade the fores"? This is what I normally tell them, as I don't like to hold peoples hand when it comes time to take initiative.

I tell them that there are two sites that you need to go to learn the basics. There's babypips.com and forexfactory.com.

Baby pips is a site that will teach you the basics and it is structured in levels like that of elementary all the way up to high school. You will start with simple explanations and then work your way up from there. Eventually you'll graduate and they will tell you to go and make a practice account with fake money where you can practice what you have just learned.

Forex factory has a lot of reading. Every system imaginable is there for the taking, and you can converse with other traders and you can make your own system with trial and error.

I hope this helps people out there that are planning to get in to forex. It won't make you a pro but at least you have a reference to where you can go for good info.