How many.....?

Discussion in 'Softwares, themes and plugins' started by JennyorAlice, Oct 19, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JennyorAlice

JennyorAlice Member

How many active plug-ins are you currently using on your forum? Do you think it's too much? Not enough? Just right? Which one do you think is the best one?

2. kingcool52

kingcool52 Member

I don't have a forum anymore but at my last forum that I owned, I think I had around 6-7 plugins active at one point They were various different plugins which unfortunately I cannot remember but two of them were a points system and an awards system. If I remember correctly, there was also a plugin that I had which had to be active for the theme that I had to work correctly. I don't think that there is ever "not enough" plugins for a forum. If an admin thinks they only need 1 plugin then that is fine. However, I do believe that excessive plugin use is bad for the forum as it can slow it down and affect the speed and performance which is never good for the end-users.