Possible to get a dedicated server for < $5?

Discussion in 'Dedicated Servers Forum' started by haivu721vn, Mar 16, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. haivu721vn

haivu721vn New Member

I need a server to run my experimental online game. However I don't have much money to invest. I think a quad-core ARM with 2GB of RAM is enough. Where should I get one?

2. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin New Member

You won't get a dedicated server at that price. You can either go with cheap VPS hosting or with cheap shared hosting services.

3. rz3300

rz3300 New Member

Well that is an attractive price, especially when you think about all that you can do with it. I would have to find out more and be very very certain of the price but that certainly sounds intriguing.

4. Heatman

Heatman New Member

I doubt you will be able to acquire a good sever that will be effective and efficient in assisting you achieve your certain objective.

In as much as you complained about less cash, I would advice you try to improve your budget for it because it's better to get a good sever at a good price which will serve you well than get a cheap that won't even be of good use to you.

5. rz3300

rz3300 New Member

Five dollars is always a pretty low threshhold to set, but then again these days if you do your homework and know the right place to look in, there are certainly a lot of options out there for servers, but still it might be more.

6. martindrox

martindrox New Member

You'll face many problems if you actually found a dedicated server that cheap. Just imagine how broken it must be to have that low price, what about the security? non-existing I presume. Get yourself some more cash and get a decent dedicated server ad avoid all the inconvenience you'll definitely face on a five dollars dedicated server (if you found such thing of course)

7. EqServers

EqServers New Member

I don't think that you can get dedicated server as low as $5. If your budget is low you can go for VPS.

But thinking of long run in future and upgrading server, dedicated server is best.