Support for customers - live chat, forum, or email?

Discussion in 'Reseller Web Hosting' started by Jason76, Aug 27, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jason76

Jason76 Member

Some customers might want help on-call immediately - while others might be willing to accept a lower price for a somewhat fast email response or simply settle for answers in a forum. Note, on one of my hosting plans (not a reseller) the email response isn't automatic, but it's quite fast.

Anyway, regarding the forum stuff, I did see a free web host that traded a paid fee for one-on-one support of any kind. However, though, probably the forum answers were detailed enough so a lot of people wouldn't be stranded if left with a problem.

2. mildredtabitha

mildredtabitha New Member

The advantage of using a forum to provide support for customers is that members will not feel alone. Seeing other members discussing ways to solve a problem on the forum only proves that the problem has been experienced by few members. Displaying the solution on the forum makes it available to all members and this will reduce the occurrence of the same problem in the future to a greater extent.

Using email to provide support for customers is very effective. This is because every member has an email address. Members who do not like looking needy to the public eye will gain enough privacy when they choose to communicate through the email. Email is so fast and cost effective. It is convenient to everone and does not exclude anyone. I would actually recommend use of email for customer support because I personaly like it and haven't had any problems with it.

I cannot say much about the live chat but I think it is also nice especially for customers who want to feel close and well understood by the administrator.

Jason76 likes this.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 New Member

Most of the time I prefer a quick email exchange, but quick is the operative word there. This is the area where I like to read the reviews and see how previous users actually feel about it.

4. jakub1

jakub1 New Member

I usually focus on either emailing the company or using their quick chat system implemented in the website as i find that these are convenient.

5. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide New Member

I find live chat as the better option among the three since you can quickly find answers and solutions if you have any troubles or questions regarding a certain topic. Live chat technical support also have their own specialization on many subject matter that's why you are sure that you can find the answers you are looking for. Forums are good too but members sometimes will not be able to give answer to a specific question, mostly answers are in general.